The Artists Alliance Volunteer Programme is calling for applications from current tertiary art students and recent graduates. The aim of the programme is to provide students with valuable work experiences to build a bridge between their studies and work environments in the arts sector.
The benefits of Volunteering:
- Build valuable working relationships (formal and informal) within the arts community.
- Gain first-hand work experience in an arts organisation.
- Enrich your curriculum vitae by learning new skills and working in diverse environments.
- An opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm, work ethic and responsibility – highly sought after qualities for future employers!
- In some cases, a voluntary position may lead to a paid position.
Types of arts organisations who are involved in the programme:
- Art events (e.g. Auckland Arts Festival, Artweek)
- Dealer galleries; (e.g. Bowerbank Ninow, Hopkinson Mossman, Anna Miles).
- Regional galleries; (e.g. Te Tuhi, Te Uru Contemporary Art Gallery).
- Non-profit galleries/ initiatives (e.g. Artspace).
This programme is designed for tertiary students and recent graduates from the visual arts, design, or art history fields.
Join the Facebook group for volunteers!
Download the Volunteer Application Form
Send to: Daphne Simons,
Artists Alliance Volunteer Coordinator
(09) 376 7285,
1b Ponsonby Road,
Daphne will get in touch with you as soon as possible!
The Artists Alliance Volunteer Programme has been made possible with generous funding from Foundation North.