‘An introductory workshop for museums and galleries to engage people living with dementia’
Pah Homestead, Auckland. Wednesday February 14
Make Moments is an Auckland-based arts programme that works to connect and engage older people, and people living with dementia, with the rich and diverse art and cultural opportunities Auckland has to offer.
Connect the Dots’ trained and passionate arts educators deliver facilitated art tours and art making workshops at local arts venues. The discussions and supported art making engage participants in intellectual stimulation, cultural engagement and social interaction.
- Overview of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and the challenges for people living with dementia to access gallery programmes.
- Introduction to the role of creative arts for people with dementia.
- Introduction to the Make Moments programme.
- Exploration and practical application of visual analysis and facilitation tools.
“I think it was a highlight for the residents that we felt important and special. I think that it raises the resident’s self-esteem and confidence.’
Anastasia, Diversional Therapist involved in Make Moments
- Wednesday February 14 2018
- Small group size: up to 12 people
- Funds go directly to fund future Make Moments tours
- Morning tea and afternoon tea provided
- Free parking available
- Venue: Pah Homestead, 72 Hillsborough Rd, Hillsborough, Auckland.
To Attend click through https://www.eventbrite.com/e/connect-the-dots-professional-development-for-gallery-museum-staff-tickets-40081474770
Date(s) - 14/02/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm