The Artists Alliance is now calling for expressions of interest from experienced visual arts practitioners to be mentors on our 2018 Mentoring Programme. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for emerging artists to focus on their career with the help of an experienced mentor. The programme has been made possible with generous funding from Foundation North.
Mentors will provide advice and guidance in the following ways:
• Providing advice about professional practice
• By helping to develop the skills needed for effective networking and approaching curators in public institutions and dealers in private galleries
• Assisting with the completion of applications and proposals for exhibition involvement.
• Giving an open dialogue and practical direction for discussing ideas
• Giving mentees the confidence to pursue a career in the visual arts once they have left the supportive structure of the art school environment
Matched mentors will be receiving a total of $1000 (Inclusive of GST) for 20 hrs mentoring in 2018. Payment schedule will see the mentor receive half at the beginning of the mentorship and half upon completion.
In addition to payment, each mentor on the Mentoring Programme will receive a complimentary membership to Artists Alliance for the year (valued at $84).
Mentor Pool – Who is guiding the future of New Zealand Art?
The Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme has a large pool of mentors to draw on which means each accepted mentee will be appropriately matched with the best arts practitioner in terms of what the mentee wishes to achieve. The programme will take into consideration (but is not limited to); the medium they work in, the networks they are hoping to develop; and where they would like to situate themselves within the art world both in New Zealand and internationally.
To Register Your Interest, Please Provide:
• A brief outline of your practice and experience
• What you aim to achieve by participating in this programme
• A Curriculum Vitae
Email to: Maggie Gresson email@example.com
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be in PDF format, to be received by Artists Alliance no later than Monday, January 15, 2018.
What is Artists Alliance?
Artists Alliance is the national organisation for visual artists. Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has represented and advanced the professional interests of the visual artists of Aotearoa/New Zealand for over 25 years. In providing resources, career advice, networks and advocacy Artists Alliance is the trusted source of information for the visual arts sector. To learn more go to the About Page.
Artists Alliance is a not-for-profit organisation which receives valuable income from their members and other stakeholders. The Mentoring Programme is funded by Foundation North.
Date(s) - 03/10/2017 - 15/01/2018