Proposals due Friday July 13, no later than 5pm
CHANGING LANES is a collaborative project between Artweek Auckland, Auckland Council and Heart of the City.
Auckland Council and Heart of the City are pleased to offer opportunities for an artist, or group of artists, to activate a LANEWAY in Auckland city centre for Artweek.
There are two lanes available.
ARTWEEK AUCKLAND | October 6 – 14, 2018.
Artists are asked to consult with stakeholders to develop a concept that responds to an issue and/or opportunity identified with the following principles in mind:
- Context of place – Concepts should be cognizant of both the physical and social environment, considering all of its user groups; businesses, residents, visitors alike.
- Heritage and/or potential of place – Where possible, signals to the history or future aspirations of the location.
- Bring to attention the spaces as alternative walking routes during construction period
- Occurs in the public space. Artists may work with whichever materials and methods of their choice however, are subject to permitting requirements.
Each treatment/installation must be in place for the duration of Artweek Auckland festival; 6 – 14 October. Installations need to be durable and sustainable for the 10 day period night and day. Also need to factor in weather contingencies.
- Concept design
- Engagement with surrounding businesses and/or residents
- Creation, installation and break-down of installation.
- Complete all relevant permitting requirements; event permit and health and safety.
- Ensure site health and safety requirements met.
Date(s) - 09/05/2018 - 13/07/2018