Applications due Monday February 26
Pacific Arts Programme, Auckland
Auckland Council invites creatives of Pacific heritage to submit their ideas for consideration to be part of a new Pacific arts programme to be launched in 2018.
The kaupapa of the programme is to showcase urban Pacific expression and creativity from Tāmaki Makaurau – and to share it with the world.
Intended outcomes of the project:
- Create a platform to showcase work by Pacific artists and producers
- Contribute to creating a flourishing and sustainable Pacific arts ecology
- Encourage inter-generational and cross-art form collaboration to build capability and enable experimentation among Pacific producers
- Create dialogue within the sector and between audiences and artists
- Be driven by Pacific values.
Auckland Council is looking to feature a range of projects across the Auckland region. They welcome bold, new ideas from practitioners and organisations across all creative genres.
What Auckland Council is looking for:
- A single ‘big idea’ or concept, that will have a high impact on audiences and communities, including youth
- Takes place in public space
- Is highly engaging for audiences in real time and online
- Represents and/or reflects Tāmaki Makaurau
- Is created and produced by creatives of Pacific heritage
- Is original new work and not happening anywhere else.
How to apply
If you would like to submit your idea, please complete the submission form, which you can download here and email it to Reina Sutton, Arts & Culture Programmer firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 26 February 2018.
If you need assistance with submitting your idea, or if you have any questions, please call Reina on 021 528 340.
Date(s) - 01/02/2018 - 26/02/2018