The Artists Alliance Internship Programme 2018 is now calling for applications from recent graduates for a fixed term, paid internship with Artists Alliance. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for graduates to obtain significant work experience in the art industry. The programme has been made possible with generous funding from Foundation North.
Artists Alliance is the national organisation for visual artists. Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has represented and advanced the professional interests of the visual artists of Aotearoa/New Zealand for over 25 years. In providing resources, career advice, networks and advocacy Artists Alliance is the trusted source of information for the visual arts sector.
For the purposes of this internship programme those eligible to apply will need to have graduated within the past five years (from 2013 onwards) with a New Zealand Visual Arts tertiary level qualification. The applicant must be based in Auckland for the duration of the internship.
Administration and Programmes Intern
Reporting to: Maggie Gresson
Location: Artists Alliance Offices, 1b Ponsonby Road, Newton, Auckland
Tasks / Key Responsibilities
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Assisting in the upkeep of office systems and databases (training and mentoring will be provided)
• Sourcing, uploading and managing content on the Artists Alliance website (www.artistsalliance.org.nz) and blog (artistsallianceblog.com) and other social media
• Preparing and distributing monthly regional newsletters
• Assisting with the organisation, planning and execution of Artists Alliance events, workshops and other programmes
• Assisting in general office tasks
Artists Alliance is a small organisation where everybody works on a variety of tasks and projects. For the Administration and Programmes Intern we are looking for someone to make their own contribution to the opportunity, alongside the core responsibilities.
• Knowledge of the arts sector
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven written skills
• Flexibility and adaptability in managing multiple priorities
• Excellent time management skills
• High level of professionalism
• Initiative and motivation
• Reliability and promptness
• Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Some experience in InDesign and MYOB a bonus
Timeframe and Remuneration
The internship will consist of a fixed term contract for 24 hours per week for a 22 week period beginning Monday January 29, 2018. Remuneration will be $18 per hour.
How to Apply
Please email your CV including two referees and a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the above position to: Maggie Gresson email@example.com
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be completed in full and emailed to Artists Alliance no later than Friday November 24. Interviews will take place the week of December 4. Applicants must be available for a potential interview during this week. If you live outside of Auckland a Skype interview can be arranged.
Date(s) - 17/10/2017 - 24/11/2017