We represent and advance the professional interests of visual artists in Aotearoa New Zealand
How you navigate the arts sector and finding where you want to fit plays a major role in the success of your work. We don’t interfere with its creation, where we help is the professional side of your practice.
What we do
Artists Alliance is a not-for-profit, membership-led organisation that works for and supports the visual arts sector in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- We run mentoring, internship, professional development bootcamp, and volunteer programmes.
- We lead the way in our listings of arts events and opportunities specific to the visual arts sector, keeping you connected and informed.
- We regularly post opinion pieces, interviews with artists and arts professionals, and news on our blog.
- We are a key part of the arts ecology, with vast experience and knowledge of the sector.
- We put our members first, offering key resources, advice, and consultations.
Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has been working for the visual artists of Aotearoa New Zealand for 25 years. Artists Alliance takes an active leadership role in arts advocacy issues in New Zealand. We aim to provide a supportive environment for artists, having an affiliation with Viscopy, being a founding member of the Creative Coalition, and also a member of WeCreate (formerly Copyright Council).
Artists Alliance receives funding from Foundation North, Chartwell Trust, Pattillo, Auckland Council, Creative New Zealand and Pub Charity. The organisation also receives valuable income from their members and other stakeholders. You can help us do more! Donate to Artists Alliance and help us expand our programmes.